Nicollette Sheridan Files Lawsuit Against 'Desperate Housewives' Producer Marc Cherry, ABC

By Erica Bowen on April 6, 2010

Nicollette Sheridan, suing, Desperate Housewives, lawsuit, pictures, picture, photos, photo, pics, pic, images, image, hot, sexy, latest, new, 2010HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Nicollette Sheridan's exit from Desperate Housewives just took on a new storyline.

On Monday, the 46-year-old actress filed a lawsuit against the show's creator, Marc Cherry, alleging assault and wrongful termination, the Associated Press reports.

In the suit, Sheridan claims Cherry "forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head" on the ABC show's set in September 2008. The Golden Globe nominee contends she was later fired after reporting the incident to the network.

The suit, which also names ABC, accuses Cherry of creating a hostile work environment on the set towards the crew and cast, including Teri Hatcher after she also complained about his behavior to ABC executives.

"I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies," Cherry allegedly told Sheridan, the court papers read.

Sheridan, whose Edie Britt character was killed off the show last year after five seasons, is suing for $20 million.

ABC Studios said in a statement: "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

Last April, Sheridan lashed out at Cherry while discussing her departure from the hit drama series.

"I think that whoever Edie represented in Marc's life was somebody he didn't like," she told TV Guide. "And he had a very difficult time distinguishing between fact and fiction."