'The Hills' Set to Return Minus Lauren Conrad

By Chloe Bunker on April 28, 2009

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — The drama will continue on "The Hills," albeit without the show's star.

MTV has announced that season five of the reality series will continue in the fall with new episodes, with everyone returning but Lauren Conrad.

In announcing that Audrina Patridge, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, Brody Jenner, Stephanie Pratt, Lo Bosworth and Justin Bobby  would all be back, the network also teased that "fresh faces" would also be present.

"Spencer and Heidi will be newlyweds, so the stakes are higher than ever before for the two to make things work," read an MTV statement. "Viewers will find out life in Los Angeles only gets more complicated as friendships, relationships and loyalties are tested like never before."

The 23-year-old Conrad confirmed last month that she was leaving the series for greener pastures.

"I've spent the last five years making every decision be about the show," she told Us Weekly. "People I date have to be able to film, the places I work have to let us film and the places I live have to have set lighting."

"I loved doing it and had so much fun, but it came to a point where I had done it long enough," she added.

Montag, who married Pratt on Saturday, previously said the hit show could survive despite losing Conrad.

"We don't need her," she told MTV. "We'll miss her. I just don't know if we need her."

Do you think "The Hills" can survive without LC? Click here to vote in our watercooler poll.

Image: 
s