LOS ANGELES — ESPN reporter and Dancing with the Stars contestant Erin Andrews is being victimized by death threats, her attorney confirmed Friday.
"It is correct that within the past few days death threats have been made against Erin Andrews," lawyer Marshall B. Grossman said in a statement. "As soon as we learned of them the FBI was notified. They are on the case. Erin and her family are protected. It is unfortunate that there are sick people who prey on the fears and threaten the well being of others."
According to TMZ, several emails were sent by a man in Newport News, Va. to the The Dan Patrick Show, beginning in September 2009. They were initially sexual in nature, but became increasingly violent last week.
Two of the emails allegedly read, "Somebody should shoot her in the face" and, "I'm one in a million. She'll never see me coming."
Grossman said Andrews plans to continue working and she'll remain on Dancing with the Stars.
Last month, Michael David Barrett, 48, of Illinois was sentenced to 30 months in prison for stalking Andrews and secretly filming nude footage of her from a hotel room peephole.